Thursday 21 July 2011

Harvey's training so far...

Unlike Luke and Flora cruising around the flatlands of France, pretending they are getting wet ;-) I have been training very hard indeed.

Dragging myself up, down and around the demanding terrain of Cumbria. With my training partners, Phil Redgate, Chris Brzozowski and Sam Putnam keeping me going.

We have been regularly eating up the miles, but flat rides round here are hard to come by, so the relationship with the fixie is beginning to wear thin, especially when riding alongside geared bikes. (I'm just about keeping pace!)

Climbing and flats are relentless but more and more bearable on a fixed gear, but the descents are starting to take their toll -  if its not my legs cramping up trying to keep up with the pedals on the long down hills it's putting up with the laughter of those watching my leg frantically trying to keep up with the cadence!

Enough was enough for the last ride (50miles) and I flipped my hub round to make use of my freewheel gear

...and it was absolute bliss!

maybe we should take one on the trip.

....just in case.



Harvey.

No comments:

Post a Comment